The new year will see the a new Men’s Only Indoor Rowing Fitness Programme delivered in two rural communities in Sligo, Geevagh and Ballintogher. The programme is funded through Healthy Ireland.
Men’s Indoor Rowing Fitness Class
The indoor rowing fitness class is a 1-hour format set to music and combines rowing intervals with circuit-based exercises. This perfect balance of cardio, strength, and flexibility training will get every major muscle group involved and is designed to burn fat and improve cardio, strength and overall fitness. If you are new to rowing then we’ll teach you everything you need to know.
- Classes are offered to all levels of fitness and ability and each rower will work at their own intensity.
- The 8 week programme will focus on technique and gradually build pace and distance.
- All the classes have been designed to offer a fun and social workout.
- Classes are limited in size to 18 participants so that the instructor can provide individual attention to each rower.
Benefits of rowing include:
- Low-impact (easy on hips, knees & ankles)
- Time efficient high calorie burner (uses all muscle groups)
- Great for joint health (joints move through a wide range of motion)
- Upper body (completes the stroke)
- Lower body (the legs initiate the drive)
- Works the back and abs too!
- Superb aerobic & cardiovascular fitness
- Relieves stress (for overall health)