Sligo Sport and Recreation Partnership is seeking Expressions of Interest to develop a ‘Community Centre Sports Hub’
Sligo Sport and Recreation Partnership has an opportunity to make an application to Sport Ireland under Dormant Accounts for funding to develop a Community Sports Hub in a rural area in County Sligo. Expressions of Interest from Rural Community Centres interested in establishing a Community Sports Hub are currently being sought. Completed Expression of Interest forms will be reviewed by SSRP against set criteria in order to determine the project that will form an application to Sport Ireland by Sligo Sport and Recreation Partnership. SSRP will work with the selected community centre to refine the application in advance of submission to Sport Ireland.
Note: The application process to Sport Ireland is very competitive and there is no guarantee of funding.
A Community Centre Sports Hub is where the community centre maximises local sports facility usage through linkages with local Schools, Community groups, Sports Clubs and other physical activity groups. The key objective is to increase the number of people of all ages participating in sport and physical activity in their communities targeting disadvantaged areas with a specific focus on adolescents / young people.
The main aims of a Community Centre Sports Hub are to:
- Adopt a joined up approach to the provision of sport in local communities
- Provide a safe place which provides sport for all opportunities for all in the community
- Create a location where a number of sports can work together
- A forum to provide additional training and development to support capacity building
- Facilitate access to sport for those most marginalised and disadvantaged in communities
Expressions of Interest must include the following:
- Potential Sporting and Physical Activity Initiatives with a strong focus on innovation
- Clear understanding of the needs of the community
- Evidence of additionality – must be additional to what is already available in the community
- What your community centre can contribute to support the Sports Hub- facilities, volunteers, natural resources, equipment, management and direction
- List of potential partners to participate in the Community Sports Hub
- A genuine collaboration of sports interested in working together for the good of the community
- Projected outcomes gained from the development of the Community Sports Hub initiative
The range of funding investment by Sport Ireland through Dormant Accounts to successful sites is estimated at a maximum of €50,000 per successful application with additional funding also available to the Local Sports Partnership to co-ordinate the project.
Further information and Expression of Interest forms can be obtained by sending a request email to Sligo Sport and Recreation Partnership at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 071 9161511.
Closing date for receipt of completed Expression of Interest forms is 5pm on Friday 2nd June 2017.
DOWNLOAD OVERVIEW DOCUMENT HERE