Want to Get Back on Your Bike!! Then join the Bike for Life Programme.
This programme is perfect for anyone who wants to get back into cycling in a social fun leisure environment. The programme will build your cycle fitness over a number of weeks with the aim of completing the 40km or 65km distance in the Innisfree Wheeler’s Ladies Tour of the Lake on 28th September 2019.
What is Bike for Life?
Bike for Life is a beginner’s cycling programme, in which a cyclist is brought through the various skills and techniques involved in cycling over a 6 week period. The focus of the programme is on learning and meeting new people, with the group cycle a prominent feature in the programme.
What do I learn in Bike for Life?
- In Bike for Life, you will learn a variety of skills related to cycling. The basic content can be seen below, with the level of learning depending on the start point of the rider.
- Preparing for a Bike Ride: What to wear, what to bring.
- Riding safely on the road: Basic road skills, advanced road skills, riding in the dark.
- Riding as a group: Riding in pairs, riding as a group, group riding etiquette.
- Using shared facilities: Riding in low volume traffic, riding in higher volume traffic.
- Bike handling skills: Basic bike handling skills, advanced bike handling skills.
- Nutrition & Hydration: Basic requirements, requirements for a cyclist.
- Bike repair & maintenance: Basic bike maintenance.
- Training for your cycling goals: Getting started, going further and cycling challenges
How much does it cost?
The cost to do a Bike for Life programme is €40 per person.
When and Where?
The meeting point for the first night on Wednesday 21st August at 6pm is will be Riverside Hotel, Sligo. Start locations will vary each week depending on the cycle route for that evening.
What do i need?
You will need a road worth bike with working breaks and a helmet. A water bottle and dress for the weather. Bike’s are available to rent for €5 per night, they must be pre booked by contacting Northwest Adventure Tours on 087 125 9594 to arrange collection.
How do i get involved?
To participate in this programme you must complete an Application form and return it before the 14th August. Places are limited and will be filled on a first come first served basis.