Ag Sugradh le Cheile
Ag Sugradh Le Chéile or ‘Playing Together’ is a programme which encourages active play between parents/carers and children the programme was developed by the Health Service Executive and supported by the SSRP. It is co-ordinated locally by the HSE with support from SSRP Youth Sport West Development Officer. The Programme involves offering primary schools a play workshop for parents/carers and their children (infants- 2nd class).
The workshop aims to promote active play for children by:
- Fostering an appreciation in parents for the value of active play.
- Giving parents the skill to play actively with their children and to encourage children to play actively with each other.
The workshop includes the following:
- A variety of activities and co-operative games including ball games, traditional games and tag games which are active, enjoyable and fun for adults and children.
- Physical activity guidelines for adults and children.
- Guidelines for parents on making games work.
The games are mostly co-operative and traditional and are to be played for fun so everyone can join in. Playing these games together promotes general well being as well as developing the relationship between parent/carer and their child.
To book a workshop for you school you must complete an application form and return it to the SSRP Office.
Click on the following links to download applications forms.
- Ag Súgradh le Chéile School Application Form English
- Ag Súgradh le Chéile School Application Form Irish