Mind Your Well Being
Promoting positive mental health and well being through exercise is a key message from SSRP. We are supporting people in Sligo to link with us and each other in whatever way they can to get and stay active. Physical activity forms ones of the pillars to well being and this is highlighted through Mental Health Ireland recent launch of the Five Ways to Well Being in Tough Times, which outlines 5 simple actions we can all take to mind our well being through the challenging times ahead.
- This great guide Five Ways to Well-being for Tough Times is a wonderful resource to help us all stay positive and get through these challenging times.
- Mental Health Ireland are encouraging the country to stay connected, keep communicating and to reassure themselves and each other during this Covid-19 crisis and beyond. To view their Five Ways to Well Being in Tough Times poster campaign or for other practical tips to support positive mental health and well being go to https://www.mentalhealthireland.ie/get-support/covid19/
- Alive 2 Thrive promotes positive mental health in Sligo and Leitrim. For all local services, resources, general information and tips to support you in maintaining a positive outlook during difficult circumstances just click on http://www.alive2thrive.ie/positive-mental-health/
In addition Alive to Thrive also provide some information on being active to support your well being at http://www.alive2thrive.ie/#toggle-id-2
- Local Yoga instructor Blaithin Sweeney ‘Your Well Being Warrior’ is delivering a series of free Yoga sessions/videos for various levels. Give your well being a boost by joining Blaithin on HERE
- Sligo Leader Partnership Company have linked with local Mindfulness and Life Coach John Graham (John G Coaching) to deliver a series of mindfulness sessions to help ‘Calm a Busy Mind’. Why not join John to get some calm into your day at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qZ1JAyL988&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR2B6idWh_uej5dx5Gk4jJD9KqvYsmruRsANx5mglXkIN0B-do7_ErWvtE8
- Enjoy free guided meditations at 8.15am every morning with John G Coaching
- BeWell-DoWell are hosting Mental Fitness For All sessions to everyone as young as 7 and up to groups over 55s via Zoom starting from the 12th May. Register your place before 5th May. For more information email HERE or check them out HERE