Want to Get Back on Your Bike!! Then join the Bike for Life Programme.
This programme is perfect for anyone who wants to get back into cycling in a social fun leisure environment. The programme will build your cycle fitness over a number of weeks with the aim of completing longer spins on your bike during BIKE WEEK 2020 (19th to 27th September)
All Coivd-19 protocols are in place
What is Bike for Life?
Bike for Life is a beginner’s cycling programme, in which a cyclist is brought through the various skills and techniques involved in cycling over 6 sessions. The focus of the programme is on learning and meeting new people, with the group cycle a prominent feature in the programme.
What do I learn in Bike for Life?
- In Bike for Life, you will learn a variety of skills related to cycling. The basic content can be seen below, with the level of learning depending on the start point of the rider.
- Preparing for a Bike Ride: What to wear, what to bring.
- Riding safely on the road: Basic road skills, advanced road skills, riding in the dark.
- Riding as a group: Riding in pairs, riding as a group, group riding etiquette.
- Using shared facilities: Riding in low volume traffic, riding in higher volume traffic.
- Bike handling skills: Basic bike handling skills, advanced bike handling skills.
- Nutrition & Hydration: Basic requirements, requirements for a cyclist.
- Bike repair & maintenance: Basic bike maintenance.
- Training for your cycling goals: Getting started, going further and cycling challenges
How much does it cost?
The cost to do a Bike for Life programme is €40 per person.
When and Where?
The meeting point for the first session will be the carpark at Sligo County Council Offices, Riverside Hotel, Sligo.
What do i need?
You will need a road worth bike with working breaks and a helmet. A water bottle and dress for the weather. Bike’s are available to rent for €5 per night, they must be pre booked by contacting Northwest Adventure Tours on 087 125 9594.
How do i get involved?
To participate in this programme you must complete the online Application form at https://bikeforlifesligo.eventbrite.ie . Places are limited and will be filled on a first come first served basis.