Drop in style sessions, so you can come to just one or come to them all. Suitable for beginners of all ages, learn the basics and build your skills to orienteer.
Join us for our green gym programme taking place outdoors at Doorly Park!
Sligo City Boxing return from Castlrea with two Connacht Champions.
Leaders will be equipped to work in a wide range of locations including local clubs, community groups, workplaces, community centres and sports’ clubs.
Newly installed hoops in Sligo Regional Sports Centre have proved hugely successful.
Encouraged men over the age of 35years to get more active, have fun and improve their fitness levels
Covid-19 Physical Activity Initiatives and Small Grants Scheme 2022
SSRP aims to support the return to participation in sport and physical activity in sports clubs and community organisations who provide physical activity opportunities as part of their core local service. This small scale grant scheme aims to enable a return to sport for members/ communities following the Covid-19 pandemic while also supporting opportunities to increase participation through new physical activity initiatives. Sports clubs and community organisations which did not receive funding through the SSRP Covid-19 Small Grant Scheme in 2020/ Return to Participation Scheme in 2021 will be considered for prioritisation. Applications focussing on low participation groups and the target groups identified in the SSRP Strategic Plan will receive priority funding.
- Applications must clearly demonstrate a link to the provision of a physical activity initiative in their sports club or community organisation.
- The timeframe for delivery of the initiative and expenditure is from 1st January 2022 to 31st August 2022, with successful applicants being notified in mid April 2022.
- Applicants should retain all receipts and evidence of expenditure for the initiative.
- 70% of grant awarded will be processed in May 2022 with the remaining 30% processed in Septemeber 2022 subject to the submission of the relevant SSRP report and receipts/evidence of expenditure to SSRP.
- The total grant fund available is limited, with a maximum allocation for any club/organisation of €1,500.
Please read the CRITERIA/TERMS & CONDITIONS before commencing the application
NOTE: The application process is via an online application form and is to be completed in one sitting; please have your club/organisation’s membership profile and all data regarding your planned initiative to hand before commencing.
Closing date for this scheme is 12 noon Friday 11th March 2022.
CLICK TO APPLY – SCHEME CLOSED – LINK DISABLED
Download Job Description and Person Specification HERE
Closing date for receipt of applications is 4pm Wed 23rd February 2022
Tommy Myers of Sligo City Boxing Club wins his first All Ireland medal.
A 12 week community based soccer programme taking place every Thursday from 1.00pm to 2.00 Pm at the Astro Turf pitch beside the Knocknarea Arena, IT Sligo.