The Learn to Orienteer sessions are a drop in style, so you can come any session you wish or come to them all. Each session you will learn how to take part in the different tasks, all while developing your orienteering skills. These events are suitable for complete beginners of all ages and abilities.
Learn to Orienteer is open to all ages, please note for participants under 18years the following applies.
- Children 8 and under must have a parent/guardian with them for the full session.
- Children ages 9 to 12years parent/guardian must remain within the park but do not need to take part in the session. (*this excludes the Town Course on the last evening where all children under 16years must have an adult with them for the event)
- Teenager 13 to 17years can attend sessions without a parent/guardian
- All under 18 years must have parental consent to take part.
Schedule of Dates and Locations of Sessions
- 20th April – Cleveragh Park – Tennis Court – meeting point table tennis table
- 4th May – Cleveragh Park – Tennis Court – meeting point table tennis table
- 25th May – Cleveragh Park – Pitch – meeting point Bottom of Centre Car Park
- 8th June – Cleveragh Park – Pitch – meeting point Bottom of Centre Car Park
- 15th June – Cleveragh Park Walking Trail – meeting point Bottom of Centre Car Park
- 22nd June – Sligo Town Map Run 6 Course – meeting point Connaughton Road Car Park
Tel: 086 0716829 / 071 91 61511