Your normal exercise routine is very likely to have been impacted, demands of remote working or home-schooling children is keeping you busy, you may be working long hours in an essential role or, alternatively, you may be waiting at home for normal life to resume. SSRP encourages all adults to take the recommended 30 minutes of physical activity 5 days a week.
SSRP is delighted to share some creative ideas from fitness experts, specialist organisations and SSRP instructors for keeping fit at home with no special equipment and in limited space. Get started by checking out the links to the various workouts below. We will continue to update this section with new links so please feel free to contact us if you are a local instructor who would like us to share any free online resources. You can get in touch at email@example.com
Low Intensity Workouts Home Workouts
- Join Eduardo for some fun chair based sessions for over 55’sVideo 1: HEREVideo 2: HEREVideo 3: HERE
- Check out some simple to follow exercises to help you keep moving with Fitness 4 All. WORKOUT 1 / WORKOUT 2
- Fitness 4 All are now providing a low impact exercise class on Zoom every Wednesday at 12pm, send them a message on facebook to join in HERE
- Follow the guidance from North West Physiotherapy Sligo with their new Home Fit Chair programme HERE
Moderate Intensity Home Workouts
Here is a selection of ‘At Home Workouts’ to try out:
- Enjoy a Core and Abs session with Fitness 4 All WORKOUT 1 / WORKOUT 2 / WORKOUT 3
- Check out Arita’s live Instagram Home Workouts every Tuesday and Friday morning at 7am, look HERE and join in.
- Why not try a Glutes & Core video with Sport Ireland Campus Fitness Videos HERE
- Try a Home Fit Adult session Chartered Physiotherapist at North West Physiotherapy Sligo HERE
- Fitness 4 All have great Balance, Agility and Flexibility exercises made easy at home WORKOUT 1 & WORKOUT 2
- Enjoy a full body workout with Fitness4All Circuit Classes on Zoom every Saturday at 12pm, Click HERE
- Yoga is great for the body and mind, and you hardly need any space or equipment to practice, so why not register on www.havinalaugh.com to enjoy Free Live Chair Yoga every Friday 11.30am.
- Experience all the benefits of Pilates with Fitness 4 All, an ideal way to stay healthy, keep an active immune system, without leaving your home HERE
- Join in their weekly Zoom class every Monday and Thursdays at 11am and 6.30pm as well as Fridays at 11am by sending them a facebook message HERE
- If you love a boogie on the dance floor, Dancing is a great way to lift your mood and get your heart rate up. Check out Beat It Dance School for fun live classes HERE
High Intensity Home Workouts
- Lock down is going to be a challenge for fit gym-goers, but you can join the staff at Sport Ireland Campus to help you build up a sweat at home with these At Home Workouts WORKOUT 1 / WORKOUT 2 / WORKOUT 3
- Or train with the best, and #follow her lead, with Katie Taylor’s home workouts WORKOUT 1 / WORKOUT 2