Your School Needs You!
Let’s get out and get moving, and have some fun with a little bit of school rivalry!
Over the next 6 weeks the Feel Good 5k Schools Strava Challenge aims to get students & teachers moving & clocking up the KMs (Kilometres – distance moved)
Your School Club will be set up on the Sligo Sport and Recreation Strava profile page. You will be sent instructions on how to sign up to Strava & join your school club, then recruit students and staff as members to get involved & support your school by moving & earning KMs
€500 for the winning school club with the greatest average KMs per member at the end of 6 weeks. A weekly leaderboard will be published to show you where your School Club is sitting!
Open to all Secondary School in County Sligo. Running from 18th January to 28th February – Join any time!
For full rules and regulations on how to take part, please contact
Theresa Kilgannon, Sligo Sport and Recreation Partnership on 0860716829 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to become a member of Your Schools Starva Club
YOU CAN JOIN ANY TIME (From 18th January to 28th February)
Download Strava to your phone, follow Sligo Sport and Recreation & join your school club. Then record your walk, run, jog activity as a RUN & remember no journey is too short, every meter counts!
Instructions on how to get started are below or follow the video guide on YouTube at this link https://youtu.be/NZPRPgDzqj0
Step 1: Download Strava to your phone
• Search for STRAVA in the APP , Google Paly or ITunes store on your phone
• Sign up with an email and password
• It’s FREE you don’t need a paid premium account
• Create your profile user name
Step 2: Follow Sligo Sport and Recreation
• When you skip through the tutorial you get to your profile page, click on the two person symbol at the top of the screen
• Next click on the search symbol and type Sligo Sport and Recreation
• Go to Sligo Sport and Recreation profile page
• Click Follow on Sligo Sport and Recreation
Step 3: Join your School Club
• In the Sligo Sport and Recreation Profile page scroll down to clubs and request to join your school club
• You will be accepted to the club by one of your teachers who are admins on the Club
Step 4: Record your Walk, Jog, Run
• Select the record button at the bottom of the screen
• Select RUN and hit start
• When finished hit the stop button of the screen.
• Select finish and then hit save activity at the top of the screen.
• Your walk, run, jog will be recorded on your school club leaderboard
Search and join your School Club on Sligo Sport and Recreation profile page on Strava. Record your activity as a RUN and it will automatically total on your School Cubs leaderboard towards total KMs.
No Journey is to short, every meter counts. If you need help, guidance or motivation to get started check out the Free Feel Good 5k Podcast and Training Plans at https://feelgood5ksligo.eventbrite.ie