Following our ‘NewWay5k’ series this year we are delighted to see so many of our participants signed up to take part in the Timed 5K’s at a variety of locations around County Sligo. We hope you enjoyed participating over the past 6 weeks in what was a very different but innovative version of this popular event. Thank you to everyone who took part; the local Athletics Clubs, sponsors SuperValu, volunteers, marshals and all the fantastic participants. Well done to all! Below you will find some important information about the event.
Timed 5k Venues and Time Allocations
Please check the Participant Sheets below (for the area you have selected to complete your Timed 5k) to make sure your information is correct.
Please check the following information:
- Your NUMBER – With new Covid-19 protocols in place we will not be giving out numbers on the night. It is advised you write your number on your hand in marker or make a number and pin it to the front of the top you are running in. As long as you can give your number when crossing the line you will be able to get a time (no number no time).
- Your VEST TOP – If you have purchased a vest top check that there is a Yes beside your name in the Vest Top column. These will be available to collect at the finish line with your name on them. If you selected to do your timed 5k virtually then you will be able to collect it in your local SuperValu Store and will have received an email with this information. If you have not already selected your store please follow this link for more details on how to do this https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NW5KTop
- Your STARTING/ARRIVAL TIME – Please do not arrive to the start location until 2 mins before your start time, where you will be directed to a waiting area. Please follow directions given by marshals. All timed 5ks will start on time. Starting locations are listed below.
Participant Sheets (Final Sheets – Changes can no Longer be Made)
- Ballymote Timed 5k View Here
- Doorly Park Timed 5k View Here
- Skreen Timed 5k View Here
- Grange Timed 5k View Here
- Tubbercurry Timed 5k View Here
- Local Virtual Timed 5k View Here
Important Information – Please Read Fully
It is the priority of Sligo Sport and Recreation Partnership and the local Athletics Clubs to protect the health and well-being of all participants, staff and volunteers at the SSRP SuperValu Women’s NewWay 5k; Please support us in doing this by following the following listed guidelines:
- Please stay home if you feel unwell and consult your GP. (Complete the self screen survey at the bottom of this page)
- Wash your hands with soap and water before coming to the venue.
- Travel to the venue alone or with members of the same household only.
- Arrive ready to participate.
- Arrive as close as possible to your allocated start time, identified on the Participant Sheet above. All starts will take place sharply at the time given.
- Please do not congregate before/after the 5k.
- Do not warm up within 400 meters of the start line or the finish line. Please do not congregate in groups while warming up/cooling down.
- Be mindful at all times that we may be sharing the space with members of the public and be respectful of social distancing (2 meters).
- Please follow the directions of the volunteer marshals on the night.
- On arrival you will be requested to enter a waiting area that will be marked for social distancing. Please use the hand sanitiser on entering this area. Please stand on a marked spot.
- When called to the start please stand on a starting spot that is marked to keep social distancing.
- Once running please follow running etiquette, maintain physical distancing where possible when overtaking.
- Please leave the area when you have completed your 5k. You will not receive a time for your 5k on the night this will be emailed the following day so please do not wait to ask volunteer timers for this.
- If you have purchased a vest top it can be collected at the finish line, in an envelope with your name on it, in the size your ordered. Sizes cannot be exchanged. If you have not purchased a top there will be NO tops available to purchase so please do not ask the volunteers.
- Keep your distance at all times – a minimum 2 metre physical distancing throughout the activity
- Use the hand sanitisers provided.
- Unfortunately there will be no water or refreshments provided at the events. Please bring your own water bottle and do not share with others.
- Adopt good respiratory hygiene, covering nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing, and using a tissue which is immediately disposed of carefully into a bin. Further guidance on hygiene and social distancing is available from HSE Website Here
- Spectators and Supporters: For some of you this may be your first 5k and your family may want to come and support you. We are advising against bringing spectators along with you but if you do please take note of the following; Spectators will not be allowed to stand near the start or finish area, this is to prevent groups congregating at locations where volunteer marshals need to be located for safety reasons. If you have spectators coming along please let them know this information and remind them that they need to maintain social distance from other family groups along the route where they hope to watch you run. If a viewing area already has people there please tell them to move to another space along the route.
- We recommend that participants should download the Covid Tracker Ireland App.
Meeting Point for 5k start
- Please arrive at this location two minutes before your start time
- All groups will start exactly on the time given.
- Ballymote -Railway Station in Ballymote
- Doorly Park – Cleveragh Park (on entering Cleveragh main entrance opposite the Sports Complex, walk left to the bottom of the hill)
- Skreen – Skreen/Dromard Community Centre
- Grange – North Sligo Sports Centre, Grange, F91 YX25
- Tubbercurry – St Brigids Hall Tubbercurry meeting point and the starting point will be the Ballymote Road, outside Rocklands Estate
Self Screening Survey to be completed before attending:
Should you answer YES to any of the below questions you should NOT attend the Timed 5k.
- Have you been in close contact (<2m for 15 minutes or more) with anyone who is confirmed to Covid-19 virus in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact (<2m for 15 minutes or more) with anyone who is suspected of having the Covid-19 virus in the last 14 days?
- Do you live in the same household as someone who has symptoms of Covid-19 who has been in isolation within the last 14 days?
- Have you been advised by a doctor to self-isolate at this time?
- Are you suffering now, or have you suffered any of the following symptoms in the past 14 days?
- Breathing Difficulties
- Fever/High Temperature
- Sore Throat
- Runny Nose
- Flu Like Symptoms
- Loss of Smell/Taste
- Have you been advised by a doctor to cocoon?
- Have you returned to Ireland from another Country within the last 14 days?
Looking forward to see you all on 28th July & hearing from everyone who is running locally by themselves!
Well done on all your hard work!